What’s New for 2017 Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival
As always, Walt Disney World® Resort is planning many cool new features for the 2017 Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival. For starters, the Festival will be 90 days long, so there’s plenty of time to visit the fantastic topiary creations while you taste your way around the “World.”
With nearly 100 topiaries on display, one of the new topiary features is a 6-foot-tall topiary Figment balancing on a floral ball which has never been shown before. Of course, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Daisy and Pluto will greet you at the Epcot front entrance in a new topiary garden inspired by a vintage Walt Disney short film.
Here are a few more Festival highlights:
- Belle from the Oscar-winning Disney film “Beauty and the Beast” is getting a major topiary makeover with sculpted facial features and a golden ball gown made of Joseph’s Coat plants at the France Pavilion.
- To celebrate the June 2017 release of Cars 3, the interactive play gardens will include a new topiary character from the film.
- If you want some gardening inspiration, take advantage of the expanded operating hours of the Festival Center opening week, Wednesday, March 1 to Sunday, March 5, and pop into a gardening seminar or DIY workshop. During the remaining weeks of the Festival, the center will be open Friday through Sunday.
- With all that walking around, you will surely work up a healthy appetite. There will be two new Outdoor Kitchens.
- Don’t forget to grab a seat when performers rock America Garden Theatre stage four days a week – Friday through Monday, with three concerts a night.