What’s New at Orlando’s Disney Springs™ and Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels
Look What’s New at Central Florida’s Seven Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels and the Reimagined and Transformed Disney Springs™
The Seven Official Walt Disney World® Hotels feature an ideal location in the Walt Disney World® Resort, an easy walk to the many new dining, shopping and entertainment offerings at the significantly expanded and enhanced Disney Springs™
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL (February 2016) – Planning a visit to Central Florida? Then you should definitely consider staying at one of the seven Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels, formerly known as the Downtown Disney® Resort Area Hotels. Featuring an ideal location in the Walt Disney World® Resort, these seven Official Walt Disney World® Hotels are within an easy walk to the significantly expanded and enhanced Disney Springs™, formerly known as the Downtown Disney® area. The new name took effect September 29, 2015 in recognition of the transition to the one-of-a-kind, reimagined Disney Springs™, which features new shopping, dining and entertainment for your enjoyment. Inspired by Florida’s charming waterfront towns, historic architecture and natural beauty, Disney Springs™ is undergoing the largest expansion in Downtown Disney® history. When work is completed in mid-2016, Disney Springs™ will have expanded to more than 150 shopping, dining and entertainment venues, in four distinct outdoor neighborhoods, with a high-quality, diverse mix of retailers, entertainment, upscale restaurants, and casual dining options.
In addition to featuring an ideal location at an outstanding value, the seven Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels also provide shuttle transportation every 30 minutes to all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, two water parks, and to the Disney Springs™ area, which is home to La NoubaTM by Cirque du Soleil® featuring two new acts in 2016.
Among the new offerings at the Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels (DisneySpringsHotels.com) are:
- B Resort & Spa – the stylish resort opened in June 2014 with 394 newly renovated guest rooms. In November 2015 the resort opened the new American Kitchen Bar & Grill, which specializes in classic “comfort food” with contemporary ingredients and newly developed American cuisine recipes. In January 2016 the resort’s full-service B Indulged® AVEDA Spa added a new Nailae Station, a fun design-printing device that enables guests to customize their manicured nails to match your mood, outfit or whatever you want them to be. This is the first device of its kind in Florida. For information on the resort or special offers, visit disneyspringshotels.com/hotels/b-resort-spa/.
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel – the 18-story resort, which overlooks scenic Lake Buena Vista and the Walt Disney World® Resort, completed the renovation of its 325 guest rooms in April 2014, and the renovation of its restaurants and lounge in November 2014. Among the new offerings at the resort is an appealing new “Escape The Cold” offer for bookings and travel by February 29, 2016, which includes two free tickets to the DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park (at Disney Springs™) per booking (an $80 value), and an upgrade to a Disney View room for just $10 (typically $20). For details visit disneyspringshotels.com/hotels/best-western/ .
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa – situated on 27 lush acres, just steps from Disney Springs™, the 27-story hotel is nearing completion of a redesign that includes the guest rooms, lobby, restaurants, and the outdoor pool and recreation areas. Among the special offers now available at the hotel is a “Bed & Breakfast Package,” which includes buffet breakfasts-for-two. For information on the hotel or special offers, visit disneyspringshotels.com/hotels/Buena-vista-palace-hotel-spa/ .
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Orlando Lake Buena Vista — the luxurious and recently renovated resort hotel features 229 spacious suites, and is the only all-suite resort hotel in the Disney Springs™ Resort Area. Among the special offers now available at the hotel is a new “Family Fun Package,” which is available for stays through April 2016. The package, which is available from $129 per night, includes breakfast-for-four, internet access, and late checkout on weekends. The hotel also is offering a “Celebration Package,” which includes sparkling wine in your room upon arrival and breakfast. For information on either offer visit disneyspringshotels.com/hotels/doubletree-suites-by-hilton/ .
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – just steps from Disney Springs™, the resort offers two pools, a Disney Character Breakfast each Sunday, seven restaurants and lounges (including Andiamo Italian Bistro & Grille), a 24-hour Gourmet Marketplace, and a complimentary 24-hour fitness center. The hotel recently completed a large remodel of public spaces and guest rooms, and a $7 million renovation of the meeting space. Among the special offers now available at the hotel is the “Leisure Escapes Package,” which includes a $50 daily on-property credit for dining, beverages and more. The special package is available for bookings through March 19, 2016. For information, visit disneyspringshotels.com/hotels/Hilton/ .
- Holiday Inn located in the Walt Disney World® Resort – offers the ideal setting to stay and play, featuring modern Florida décor and no resort fees. Among the special offers now available is the new “Dining Plan with Dinner & Parking Package.” Available through December 31, 2016, the package includes: breakfast for two adults daily, Palm Breezes dinner for two adults (one night), free self-parking (a $12 value), and kids age 12 and under eat free when ordering in the hotel’s restaurant from the Kid’s Menu and when accompanied by a family member dining from the regular menu. There is a 2-night minimum, and a 5-night maximum, with the package. For information, visit disneyspringshotels.com/hotels/holiday-inn-orlando-disney-springs-area/ .
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista – designed for the value-minded traveler, this resort has it all. The 19-story tower recently underwent a multi-million-dollar renovation with a spectacular new look and feel in the guest rooms, lobby, restaurants and lounge. Amenities include a Disney Character Breakfast 3 days a week, six dining options, the Oasis Aquatic Pool Playground with interactive water activities, fitness center, tennis, basketball, and sand volleyball. The resort is now offering a “Family Escape Package,” featuring 10% off of the room rate plus a free daily breakfast buffet for two children age 11 and under with the purchase of one paying adult (including the Disney Character Breakfast). Visit disneyspringshotels.com/hotels/wyndham-lake-buena-vista-resort/ .
Other benefits of staying at one of the seven Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels include:
- The ability to purchase Disney theme park admissions at each hotel
- Advance tee times and discounts at all Walt Disney World® Resort golf courses
- Disney Merchandise store located in each hotel
- The ability to book advance dining and dinner show reservations for all restaurants across the Walt Disney World® Resort.
Visiting also provides the opportunity to take in such upcoming special events as:
- Atlanta Braves Spring Training – select dates March 1-April 2, 2016, at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival – March 2-May 30, 2016 at Epcot®.
The reimagined Disney Springs™ overflows with the sights, sounds and flavors that come together in a beautiful outdoor environment with a charming waterfront setting. This vibrant destination offers a mix of unique retail, distinct Disney shopping and incomparable dining offerings. Set amid beautiful open-air promenades and bubbling springs, it features four distinct outdoor neighborhoods: The Landing, Town Center, Marketplace, and West Side.
Well underway in its transformation, Disney Springs™ already has many new offerings that are open, including the upscale nautically-themed waterfront restaurant The Boathouse (from the creator of T-Rex Café™ and Rainforest Café®), the elegant Morimoto Asia restaurant (specializing in pan-Asian cuisine, from Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto), the Indiana Jones-themed Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, The Ganachery chocolate shop, Vivoli Il Gelato (serving Italian gelato and more, like its famous sister shop in Florence, Italy), Dockside Margaritas, Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC (which specializes in gluten-free and vegan baked goods), and an expanded World of Disney store.
Almost a dozen shops also have recently opened, including Star Wars™ Galactic Outpost, Apex by Sunglass Hut, Chapel Hats, Havaianas sandals store, Sanuk (home of unique footwear), Sound Lion, and men’s grooming store The Art of Shaving.
Also recently opened is Exposition Park, the permanent home to four Disney-owned food trucks, with delicious offerings from each of the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. Plus, there is a new five-level parking garage with 4,000 spaces, and the new Village Causeway which provides guests another path of travel through the area. Plus, a pedestrian bridge from the Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels to the Disney Springs™ area opened in November 2015, making it even easier for guests.
Other new high-profile dining tenants announced for Disney Springs™ include STK modern steakhouse restaurant; The Edison (a restaurant, bar, and club that is inspired by The Edison in Los Angeles, and themed to a 1920s-era power plant); Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Southern Shine farm-to-fork restaurant by Celebrity Chef Art Smith; renowned Chef Rick Bayless’ Frontera Fresco restaurant, specializing in authentic Mexican cuisine; Sprinkles (cupcake bakery); and Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza (offering custom pizzas).
Also, Planet Hollywood® is being renovated and made over as a star-themed Planet Hollywood Observatory with a new outdoor terrace.
New high-profile fashion retail tenants announced include Zara, Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer, UNIQLO, UGG, and PANDORA. Plus, Edward Beiner eyewear retailer, and L’Occitaine en Provence natural beauty skincare will also open new retail outlets there.
Additional offerings open at Disney Springs™ include: AMC Movies at Disney Springs™ 24, The Art of Disney, Raglan Road™ Irish Pub and Restaurant, Build-A-Dino® by Build-A-Bear Workshop®, Disney Design-A-Tee, Disney’s Candy Cauldron, Disney’s Wonderful World of Memories, Fulton’s Crab House, House of Blues® (concert/live entertainment venue), Once Upon a Toy, Orlando Harley-Davidson (apparel and accessories), Pearl Factory, Starbucks® at Disney Springs™ Marketplace, and Shop for Ireland.
With nearly 30 food and beverage outlets and restaurants, over 3,700 rooms and an array of amenities, the Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels offer a rate, space and menu to please every guest. Located in the heart of the Disney Springs™ area, these properties are within walking distance of exceptional shopping, dining and entertainment venues.
# # #
PR Contact: Karen Lamonica at (407) 788-7070, ext. 208 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: High-resolution photos of the seven Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels are available by contacting Karen Lamonica.Tags: B Resort & Spa, Best Western Lake Buena Vista, Buena Vista Palace Resort & Spa, disney springs, Disney Springs Hotels, DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, Hilton at Lake Buena Vista, Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista, Orlando Hotels, Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista