Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels – December 2015
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL (December 2015) – If you are visiting Central Florida, you should definitely consider staying at one of the seven Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels, formerly known as the Downtown Disney® Resort Area Hotels. Ideally located in the Walt Disney World® Resort, the hotels are within an easy walk to the outstanding shopping, dining and entertainment venues at Disney Springs™, formerly known as the Downtown Disney® area. The new name took effect September 29, 2015 in recognition of the transition to the one-of-a-kind, reimagined Disney Springs™, which features new shopping, dining and entertainment for your enjoyment. Significantly, this is the largest expansion in Downtown Disney® history. When work is completed in 2016, Disney Springs™ will have expanded to more than 150 shopping, dining and entertainment venues, in four distinct outdoor neighborhoods, with a high-quality, diverse mix of retailers, entertainment, upscale restaurants, and casual dining options.
The Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels (DisneySpringsHotels.com) is a consortium of seven Official Walt Disney World® Hotels that includes:
- B Resort & Spa – the stylish resort opened in June 2014 with 394 newly renovated guest rooms, the full-service B Indulged® AVEDA Spa, and features the new American Kitchen Bar & Grill;
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel – the 18-story, 325-room resort overlooks scenic Lake Buena Vista and the Walt Disney World® Resort, and offers two restaurants, lounge, and wireless internet;
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa – situated on 27 lush acres, the hotel is nearing completion of an imaginative renovation that includes the guest rooms, lobby, restaurants, and outdoor pool and recreation areas;
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – the luxurious and newly renovated resort hotel features 229 spacious suites, and is the only all-suite resort hotel in the Disney Springs™ Resort Area;
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – just steps from Disney Springs™, the resort offers two pools, a Disney Character Breakfast each Sunday, multiple restaurants (including Benihana Steakhouse), and 24-hour fitness center;
- Holiday Inn Orlando – Lake Buena Vista – the only Holiday Inn in the Walt Disney World® Resort features elegant rooms with modern Florida décor, and no resort fees;
- Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort – offering 626 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, the resort also offers the Oasis Aquatic Playground with two pools with interactive water features, and six dining options.
In addition to the hotels having an ideal location, the seven hotels also provide complimentary shuttle transportation every 30 minutes to all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, two water parks, and to the Disney Springs™ area. Among the many fine establishments at Disney Springs™ are Rainforest Café®, T-Rex CaféTM, Wolfgang Puck® Express, Steve Baker Caricatures, The LEGO® Store, Planet Hollywood®, House of Blues® Restaurant, Splitsville Luxury LanesTM, Bongo’s Cuban CaféTM, and Ghirardelli® Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop.
Other benefits of staying at one of the seven Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels include:
- The ability to purchase Disney theme park admissions at each hotel
- Advance tee times and discounts at all Walt Disney World® Resort golf courses
- Disney Merchandise store located in each hotel
- The ability to book advance dining and dinner show reservations for all restaurants across the Walt Disney World® Resort.
Visiting also provides the opportunity to take in such outstanding special events as:
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights presented by Siemens – November 6, 2015-January 3, 2016, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – select nights November 8-December 18, 2015, at Magic Kingdom® Park
- Holidays at Disney Springs™ – November 13-December 20, 2015, at Disney Springs™
- Holidays Around the World at Epcot® – November 27-December 30, 2015, at Epcot®
- Candlelight Processional – November 27-December 30, 2015, at Epcot®.
The one-of-a-kind reimagined and reinvented Disney Springs™ destination overflows with the sights, sounds and flavors that come together in a beautiful outdoor environment with a charming waterfront setting. An experience only made possible by the imagination of Disney, this vibrant destination offers a mix of unique retail, distinct Disney shopping and incomparable dining offerings. Set amid beautiful open-air promenades and meandering springs, it features four distinct outdoor neighborhoods: The Landing, Town Center, Marketplace, and West Side.
Well underway in its transformation, Disney Springs™ already has many new offerings that are open, including the upscale waterfront restaurant The Boathouse (from the creator of T-Rex Café™ and Rainforest Café®), Morimoto Asia restaurant (specializing in pan-Asian cuisine), and the Indiana Jones-themed Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar.
Almost a dozen shops also have recently opened, including Erwin Pearl Jewelry, Super Hero Headquarters store, Apex by Sunglass Hut, Chapel Hats, Havaianas shoe store, Sanuk (home of unique footwear), Sound Lion, Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC (which specializes in gluten-free and vegan baked goods), and men’s grooming store The Art of Shaving.
Also recently opened is Exposition Park, the permanent home to four Disney-owned food trucks, with delicious offerings from each of the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. Plus, there is a new five-level parking garage with 4,000 spaces, and the new Village Causeway which provides guests another path of travel through the area. Plus, a pedestrian bridge from the Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels to the Disney Springs™ area opened in November 2015, making it even easier for guests.
Other new high-profile dining tenants announced for Disney Springs™ include STK modern steakhouse restaurant from New York City; The Edison (a restaurant, bar, and club that is inspired by The Edison in Los Angeles, and themed to a 1920s-era power plant); Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Southern Shine restaurant by Celebrity Chef Art Smith; renowned Chef Rick Bayless’ Frontera Fresco restaurant, specializing in authentic Mexican cuisine; Sprinkles (cupcake bakery); Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza; Vivoli Gelateria; Tea Traders by Joffrey’s Tea; and The Ganachery chocolate shop.
New high-profile fashion retail tenants announced include Zara, Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer, UNIQLO, UGG, and PANDORA. Plus, Edward Beiner eyewear retailer, and L’Occitaine en Provence natural beauty skincare will also open new retail outlets there.
With nearly 30 food and beverage outlets and restaurants, over 3,700 rooms and an array of amenities, the Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels offer a rate, space and menu to please every guest. Located in the heart of the Disney Springs™ area, these properties are within walking distance of exceptional shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Visit DisneySpringsHotels.com.
# # #
PR Contact: Karen Lamonica at (407) 788-7070, ext. 208 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Categorized in: Press Releases